Some drugs used to treat cancer can interact with food in ways that your treatment team will inform you about. When you begin a new treatment or start using a new drug, tell your doctor about any food allergies you have and ask:
- Will I have any special nutritional needs while taking this drug?
- Do I need to take this drug with food? Without food?
- Are there any known food-drug interactions of this treatment?
- Are there any known vitamin- or supplement-drug interactions of this treatment?
- Are there any foods or beverages I can't have while in treatment?
- Do I need to drink extra water or other fluids while in treatment or while taking this drug?
- Can I drink alcoholic beverages while in treatment or while taking this drug?
- What if I vomit immediately after taking my drug?
- Download or order The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s free fact sheet, Food and Nutrition Facts.