Population served: Anyone seeking information on chemotherapy or cancer
Other language(s): Spanish and additional languages Mission:
Chemocare.com® is a website designed to provide the latest information about chemotherapy to patients and their families, caregivers and friends. The site focuses on care during chemotherapy including information about FDA approved chemotherapy medications, nutrition, managing side effects and self-care tips. The content is continually updated and reviewed by oncology specialists.
Population served: Patients with life-threatening illness and their caregivers
To increase the availability of quality palliative care services for all people living with serious illness.
- Provides information about palliative care: specialized medical care which provides patients with relief from symptoms, pain and stress
- Explains how palliative care helps people with specific diseases
- Provides a directory of hospitals with palliative care teams
- Offers videos, blog, printed material and other resources including a quiz to help individuals know if palliative care is right for them.
Population served: Young adults ages 18-39 in the US who are receiving medical care for cancer or severe medical issues related to their cancer
To assist young adults who are facing the challenges of cancer by funding their creative passions, pursuits, and hobbies as well as integrative therapies.
- May help young adult cancer patients with funding for integrative therapies such as massage, reiki, acupuncture, etc. May also provide meaningful gifts (e.g. art supplies) to pursue creative goals.